The Lady of Pain
The Lady of Pain's chapel is mentioned into the "breve" of Pope Leone X in the year 1516, as an oratory with particular architectural features; in fact is possible to see a large loggia in front of the entrance.
Inside the is one of the most prestigious sculptures typical of Giovanni della Robbia's school, that remind another terracotta inside the sacristy of Osservanza in Siena of the master Cozzarelli.
Until few years ago, many people goes there in devotion to ask a grace to the Virgin, leaving many vows inside as recorded by an anonymous writer of XVII century.
Today we don't see anymore the vows, but is still possible to admire the statues in terracotta made with a maximum care of details, like the crease of clothes and expressive faces representing the Lady while faint looking his son on the Calvary; around Her the other women and the figure of John and the Magdalen.